Duties of the Centre
Support for Experiential Learning
- Build a wide network of local and overseas community partners for Faculties to access;
- Maintain close relationships and develop long-term arrangements with community partners;
- Co-ordinate placements for projects where inter-disciplinary collaboration is required;
- Work closely with Faculties to understand students’ learning goals and recommend sites and experiences; and
- Deal with emergencies and crises.
Preparation for Learning and Training
- Provide generic workshops on issues such as cultural adjustment, work ethics and interactional skills; and
- Collaborate with Faculties to provide tailor-made workshops.
Supervision, Assessment and Evaluation of Learning
- Organise discussions, workshops and experience-sharing sessions on supervision and assessment;
- Collaborate with Faculties to design grading rubrics for reference and adaptation by individual programmes; and
- Provide support to evaluate the efficacy of experiential learning through means such as student surveys.