DANCE FOR SOCIAL INCLUSION & EQUALITY! Symbiotic Dance Project with the Elderly and People with Physical Disability
Sham Shui Po/ Yau Ma Tei/ Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Centre For Community Cultural Development
To support the elderly and people with physical disability to advocate social inclusion to the general public.
Students will learn about the needs and challenges faced by the elderly and people with physical disability, as well as the way to communicate and collaborate with them by creative means.
- Hear the thoughts of the elderly and people with physical disability, study about their lives and the socio-cultural backgrounds of the places they lived in.
- Be trained to become co-dancers in the Symbiotic Dance Troupe to dance with the elderly and/or people with physical disability.
- Explore body movements together in the dance to deliver messages on positive life, about the society and for promoting social inclusion and equal opportunity.
- Work together with the Troupe on workshops planning and delivery.
- Think, design, practice and arrange rehearsal and public dance performance together.
- Conduct certain study in the process.<／li>
Project code: GH04-005