BUILDING SOCIAL & IDENTIFYING SERVICE SCOPE!
Feasibility Study of Setting Up a Social Enterprise for the Underprivileged Community in HK
Western District, Hong Kong
St. Barnabas’ Society and Home
Our Social Mission:
To set up a social enterprise to provide a platform for the poor and homeless people in HK to develop themselves with more working skills and help them reintegrate back into the society.
Students will learn about planning a local social enterprise in a real situation.
- In-person experience and understand the services of the organization.
- Conduct studies and analysis about social enterprise, government’s funding/support to social enterprises, the existing social enterprises in HK, successful cases and their operations, especially on elderly home and restaurants.
- Conduct SWOT analysis on the organization to identify its core competence.
- Engage stakeholders to collect information and views.
- Formulate feasible suggestions on the type of social enterprise that is suitable for the organization to set up and also the possible methods to develop resources.
Key Areas:Feasibility Study Research & Analysis Social Enterprise Planning Stakeholders Engagement Training & Employment Underprivileged Community
Project code: GH05-002