BUILDING SOCIAL & MARKETING LOCAL GREEN BUSINESS! Campaign For Local Organic Food Production & Consumption
Aberdeen, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Caritas
Our Social Mission:
To promote local production and consumption of food and provide fresh, safe and locally produced organic vegetables to the people in the Southern District.
Students will learn about sustainability issues on food, skills in communication and running local green business with the community, the formulation of marketing strategy and the method of empowering local residents.
- Study and look into the issues of organic agriculture and provide relative support.
- Assist in selling the local organic vegetables produced by Caritas’s farm to the households in the Southern District.
- Provide customers with the knowledge and attitude towards food safety, sustainable food production and consumption.
- Offer trainings to new immigrants or unemployed women in the community, thereby enhancing their capacity. These participants will form a “Green Spot Team” responsible for selling and educating households about food safety and sustainable eating.
- Formulate marketing strategies and develop business skills with the actively engagement with local customers.
Key Areas:Business Campaign Capacity Building Community Training Food Safety Green Life Local Agriculture New Arrivals Organic Food Sales & Marketing Sustainable Eating Unemployed Women
Project code: GH05-001